Free Postings, Reader's Photos and Feedback
- DesertUSA Blogs - Bloggers, News, Desert Road Trippin'
- DesertUSA Forums
- Essays and other creative writing
- Photos from our readers
- Information on submitting your writing or photos
- Send DesertUSA a letter
- General Feedback
- e-mail mail to: email@example.com - use subject DesertUSA
Desert Talk is a place where users and visitors can send information, news, stories and photos, and ask questions.
- NEWS: Get your message out - have your news item seen by thousands! If you have a press release, news item or upcoming event notice you would like to see posted on the DesertUSA News Blog, please click here to submit it. Please do not change the email subject line, or we may not receive it. Note we will not publish items copyrighted by other publications such as newspapers. Please do not expect a reply - we will use the item if it is appropriate for the news blog. Please provide your name and e-mail address with all submissions, or if it is an item originating from an organization, the organization's contact information so that we can contact you if we have a question. Generally we do not publish individual's names or email addresses on our blog, just phone numbers, websites and regular mailing information, in order to avoid exposing your email address to spam collectors. Photos should be scanned at 72 dpi and should be saved in jpg or jpeg format and sent as an email attachment (no files over 2MB please).
back to top
- ESSAYS, POEMS, PHOTOS: Share your thoughts and images! DesertUSA.com features essays, poems and other creative writing from our readers. Maybe you have some interesting photos you would like to share. If you would like to submit your content for review and posting, please click here to submit it. Please provide your name and e-mail address with all submissions. Please do not change the email subject line, or we may not receive it. If you do not want your name published, just let us know. Photos should be scanned at 72 dpi and should be saved in jpg or jpeg format and sent as a E-mail attachment ( no files over 2MB please). You can also mail your photos or slides to us with a postage paid return envelope and we will do the scan.
In order to provide a service that is useful and entertaining for all of our users, it is important that you read and comply with our rules and policies. Please take a moment to read through these rules and policies before participating in Desert Talk services hosted by DesertUSA. By participating in our services you are agreeing to comply with our rules and policies.
SEARCH THIS SITE
The Saguaro Video
The Saguaro often begins life in the shelter of a "nurse" tree or shrub which can provide a shaded, moister habitat for the germination of life. The Saguaro grows very slowly -- perhaps an inch a year -- but to a great height, 15 to 50 feet.
Desert Food Chain Video
A food chain constitutes a complex network of organisms, from plants to animals, through which energy, derived from the sun, flows in the form of organic matter and dissipates in the form of waste heat.
Prickly pear cactus Video
Prickly pear cactus are found in all of the deserts of the American Southwest. Most prickly pears have large spines on their stems and vary in height from less than a foot to 6 or 7 feet.
Click here to see current desert temperatures!
DesertUSA is a comprehensive resource about the North American deserts and Southwest destinations. Learn about desert biomes while you discover how desert plants and animals learn to adapt to the harsh desert environment. Find travel information about national parks, state parks, BLM land, and Southwest cities and towns located in or near the desert regions of the United States. Access maps and information about the Sonoran Desert, Mojave Desert, Great Basin Desert, and Chihuahuan Desert.